Sunday, January 17, 2010

Golden Globes...Golden Gowns

It's Sunday night, after a successful day of watching football (I'm a HUGE MN Vikings fan!), and I'm enjoying "quiet time" on the couch watching The Golden Globes. I LOVE watching award shows. And, yes, not for the actual awards, but for the clothing....the gowns!

Wow! I am seeing some beautiful gowns (as I sit here in my sweatpants and Vikes t-shirt feeling VERY LARGE from the "football food" I consumed earlier in the day). Black, black, and black is always popular! But, I'm noticing an abundance of nude/beige color gowns or very soft tones of color. Not as much "Pow! In your face color!".

Ooooh.....oooh.....Sandra Bullock just won! She is wearing a beautiful pruple color gown, but, I have to say, it looks kind of like saran wrap. I LOVE her and her acting, but, really? It looks kind of like colored saran wrap you can get at holiday time. (Sorry, Sandra!)

The "Pow! In your face..." color that I have to comment on is Cameron Diaz. What a beautiful shade of red! Beautiful shade!

Can't wait to see what other gowns appear on the screen before 10 p.m.!

No comments:

Post a Comment