Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Valentine's Gift He Will NEVER Forget...And NEITHER WILL YOU!







Valentine's Day is right around the corner! The most romantic day of the year is upon us in a few weeks! Have you already found the perfect gift for your Valentine? Well, if you haven't, I HAVE the perfect gift!


There is an up and coming trend in the photography world called "boudoir photo shoots". It started in the bridal industry, brides wanting to take a few intimate photos for their soon-to-be hubby as they are getting ready for the wedding, what they could expect AFTER the wedding, or what they may have on UNDER that wedding gown. Do you see where I'm going with this? They end up being these amazing intimate photos and an absolutely unforgettable gift.

So, women, as well as photographers, are taking this one step further by offering "boudoir photo shoots" that is stepping out past the realm of bridal and into the "everday' world". Why not? It's a great opportunity to do something "out of the ordinary" for your companion, a.k.a Valentine, for the upcoming sweetheart holiday, a birthday, or even an anniversary.


The first step: you need a good reputable photographer that has experience in these types of shots. I say that, because a good photographer will take it beyond the sterotype of "trashy lingerie photos" and turn the photos into beautiful works of art! Another reason that you want an experienced photographer for something like this is, they will respect the intimacy level of these photos, do everything they can to make you comfortable, and will let YOU call the shots to what level of comfort you are needing in regards to setting the scene, what you choose to wear, etc. Sure, the photos can be sensual with varying degrees of lingerie, but, have FUN with it too! My hubby loves cake, which is why I did the shot of me eating a cupcake. I did lingerie, but, he also loves cars, so I did a few photos that incorporated that too. Take who you are, think about what your companion loves... mix the two together and you will have some wonderful works of art!


As it's been revealed with this blog, I did a boudoir photo shoot for my husband with a fantastic photographer (in Tulsa) by the name of Jesse Reich. I can't believe I'm "letting the world" know about this. Eeks! But, it was important to share about the feelings and emotions I had from doing something "out of the norm" for me. I have to say, it was the most amazing experience! I had worked with Jesse on some other projects and he was sharing with me this new avenue of business. It started out to be this fun, "out-of-the-box" gift for my hubby's birthday. But, it turned out to be this really great gift for me too.

I know, you are wondering what in the world am I talking about. But, it really was an amazing gift for me too! It gave me a renewed confidence within myself. I scheduled my appointment, picked out my outfits, thought about the type of shots I wanted, and headed to my photo shoot. When I arrived, I was SO NERVOUS! During the first part of the shoot, I thought my heart was going to come right out of my chest. I have done photo shoots before, but, nothing on such an intimate level (especially knowing they were for my hubby). I was FREAKING OUT! But, Jesse was amazing and he calmed me down, respected me, and told me to have fun!


As we turned the music up and I started to relax, I found myself having a ball with it! Knowing they were for my hubby, it gave me this little kick of adrenaline. I can't really explain it, but, I was having so much fun! All of a sudden this air of confidence came over me. I didn't care that my skin is/was not perfect, that the "dimples" on my thighs and bum were shining through, that my teeth were crooked or not glowing white...it didn't matter. None of it mattered! At that moment, I felt like I was the most beautiful woman in the world and I left the studio feeling like I could really "kick some a**"! My apologies on the choice of words, but, it's the only way to describe this level of self-esteem and confidence that had come over me from doing something that I thought I could NEVER do and stepping "out-of-my-box". It was an amazing feeling of confidence that I can't ever really explain in words. I left feeling like I could conquer the world!

This gift that started out for my husband turned out to be a gift for myself. It was a perfect way to surprise him (he was TOTALLY blown away) and I suprised myself too. It is a gift that we will both cherish!


I'm telling you ladies, it's a great way to surprise your Valentine and do something for yourself too. You may be wondering WHY I shared this idea with you? It is a personal one. But, I think it's important to see the "moral" of the story. I walked away with a whole new level of CONFIDENCE that I didn't even know that I had. Style, your own personal style, isn't just about what you put ON your body, it's about how you feel on the inside too. Confidence is HUGE when it comes to personal style! A person's aura is entirely different when you are filled with confidence! Try this, I'm telling you, you won't regret it! And, even if it's not a boudoir photo shoot, every once in awhile, do something that you thought you would NEVER do. When you accomplish it, you will feel so empowered!


So, don't delay....book your boudoir photo shoot for Valentine's today!


http://jessereich.com/xo/


No comments:

Post a Comment