Monday, May 10, 2010

Priceless Gifts!



Nothing means more to me than gifts from the heart! They are the best gifts that money can buy! It's the type of gift that may cost $5 or $500 or, maybe, no cost at all. It's the heartfelt sentiment that makes them priceless!
I am reminded of this as we just celebrated Mother's Day yesterday, as well as my birthday a month ago. The gifts you see in the pics were given to me by my absolutely adorable stepson, Nicholas! (You only see a side view of him, but, I KNOW, you will agree with me when I say...ADORABLE!)
The cherry coin purse was my Mother's Day gift and my blue dress, with blue bracelet, and knot necklace were for my birthday. The cherry coin purse is, obviously, something I probably wouldn't have purchased for myself...but, the fact that it came from Nicholas, that he picked it out all by himself, and was so proud to give it to me, that now, I can't wait to use it! It will be THE perfect coin purse for me to use...for just $4.99! But, priceless, when every time I see it, as I dig through my purse, I will be reminded of who gave it to me and when.
The blue dress, blue bracelet and knot necklace were my birthday presents. He was so excited to go to the store with Dad and pick something out all by himself. And, he did! He picked the blue dress, because blue is his favorite color, the bracelet, because it's blue, and the knot necklace, because it reminded him of a snake. Did I mention that he LOVES being outside with bugs and animals? He is ALL boy! Again, all 3 items, I think was a total of $30-$40. But, priceless, when it comes to who gave it to me and when.
Nicholas was so excited about his purchases that he was telling everyone that came over about what he bought me, wanted me to show it to them, try it on, etc. He was so cute! THAT, again, makes all of these gifts PRICELESS! It puts a smile on my face whenever I look at these items! I'm reminded of his smiling face, gleaming with pride when he gave each of these gifts to me. Nothing could make me happier than gifts from the heart! Gifts that I will cherish ALWAYS!

He is waiting patiently for the weather to warm up, so I can wear my blue dress and blue bracelet. He asks me on a regular basis if I'm going to wear the blue dress...so, let's hope the warm weather is here to stay...soon!
My hubby thinks I'm rubbing off on him and that I've taken Nicholas with me on too many shopping trips. He was amazed at how Nicholas would pick things out and say that he liked that, didn't like that, liked this dress, didn't like that dress, etc., etc. - and the thought he would put into the items that he picked! I'm thinking he's a natural at shopping....that's a GREAT trait...my hubby...he isn't so sure!
But, my hubby and I are in agreement when it comes to gifts from the heart! It doesn't matter what the actual item is...it's the meaning behind it that makes it worth so much more...it's priceless!
What "priceless" gifts did you receive this Mother's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment