Monday, September 21, 2009

Make a Statement!


Make a Statement...WITH a STATEMENT NECKLACE. Now, what are the qualifications for a necklace to be called a "statement necklace"? Well, it's the necklace that stops you in your tracks when browsing in a store or when someone walks by with one around their neck. It's a piece of jewelry that is, typically, ornate, oversized, and intricate.



Statement necklaces are PERFECT for dressing up a basic t-shirt, tank, or dress. A piece like this DEFINITELY STANDS ALONE. Do not...I repeat...do not bury yourself in other pieces of jewelry when wearing a statement piece and/or competing prints. The statement necklace is there to....you know...say it with me....MAKE A STATEMENT!

Now, keep in mind their is STATEMENT JEWELRY like ornate, oversized bangles or earrings too. But, it's the STATEMENT NECKLACE that really catches MY eye!
J. Spencer Jewlery, a local spot in Tulsa, carries a few of the Statement pieces as I was there over the weekend buying a birthday gift. I actually carried a statement necklace around with me for quite awhile before deciding I had to show some self-restraint and ONLY BUY THE BIRTHDAY GIFT!
Okay, I know what you're thinking...if Stylish Stepmom didn't buy one, why would I want to buy one? Well, no worries there, as I have a few of them already hanging in my closet! HA!

Other places to find some fabulous and fun statement necklaces/jewelry:
http://www.bananarepublic.com/ (necklaces above are from Banana Republic)
A word about Stella and Dot. Take a look at their website. They have some REALLY FABULOUS statement pieces in their inventory. It is a direct marketing company where they show their inventory via an "in home showing". It is some really fun merchandise, so check it out and find a stylist near you! (If you live in the Tulsa area and are interested, I can give you the name of two stylists that I know in the area.)
Don't delay....find a statement necklace that makes YOUR statement today!





No comments:

Post a Comment