Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Weekly Style Secret: CONFIDENCE

This week's style secret is probably the MOST IMPORTANT "secret" I can ever give you!

To sum it up in ONE word...CONFIDENCE! I can't stress enough how being confident in youself and who you are...ultimately, trumps any "style" advice that you could ever get. Sure, there are tips and tricks to make your "style" shine on "the outside"...but, what comes from the inside matters. When you are in a crowded room, you can tell the people that are confident and those that are less confident no matter what they happen to be wearing.

Let me give you an example....ME! I was in a situation last week where I was "dressed to the nine's" from head to toe. I had the black sleeveless dress with a flitratious hem, the rocker girl shoes, and the silver hoops and bangles to pull the whole thing together. Do you see where I'm going? Can you picture it? I had nailed it! I was feeling like I could conquer the world in heels. You know the feeling you get when you really feel like you are LOOKING GOOD...you know what I'm talking about!

ANYWAY....I headed out to my event. I say again. I was ROCKING IT in my outfit! I was looking good AND feeling good. I get to the event and I walk into this room that is filled with tall (very tall), young, beautiful women. All women with "legs up to there" in their short BLACK dresses. Most of them with beauitful, long blonde hair and young, very young. Did I mention young? To give you an idea, I was at least 15 years their senior! I was practically a high school grad by the time they were born! YIKES!

So.....are you staying with me and getting the picture? There I am, a minimum of 15 years their senior, practically in the same dress (except for the skirt of my dress was much, much longer) and at 5'8", I was feeling very, very short. All of a sudden, I panicked! I wondered what am I doing here, why am I here? I started to question myself. I started to question my CONFIDENCE. All of sudden, I didn't feel like I was "rocking my outfit". Instead, I was wondering how I could gracefully exit the room without being seen.

Within a split second, I had shifted my mindset and allowed myself to lose my confidence. It would not have mattered WHAT I was wearing, because I questioned myself.

CONFIDENCE isn't just a "style secret". It's a LIFE secret! So, always remember who you are and be proud....NO MATTER WHAT YOU ARE WEARING!

Although, a great dress and rockin' shoes can definitely pump up your confidence level....ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment