Monday, December 21, 2009

Weekly Style Secret: December 21, 2009

It's Christmas! It's Christmas! Are you done shopping yet? I'm NOT. I'm about to hit the streets of Tulsa RIGHT NOW to finish up!

Just a couple things to remember as you head into "crunch" time for the holidays and gift shopping:

1. There is still time to shop online. But, you better do it today! So, you have time for the gifts to arrive, as well as making sure they still have the product(s) you are looking for to purchase. That way, if they don't, you still have a few days to come up with plan B.

2. BE PATIENT! I did a little shopping yesterday and forgot how HECTIC it can be right before the holidays. I must have stood in a checkout line at Kohls for 30 minutes! I was close to bailing and not buying the stuff I had in my hands, because I didn't have the patience anymore to stand there. But, then, I remembered the time of year and that no matter where I go, it is going to be like this, so BE PATIENT!!

3. Don't just buy something to buy something. My dad is a believer of that, because at least then, you have a package to open. But, I dont' want to deal with the hassle of taking it back, etc. So, try to take a breath from feeling "hurried" and figure out what that person would really like to have -or worst case, give them a gift card to their favorite place, so they can pick it out themselves.

4. Scan your Sunday paper circulars, online sites, and additional mailers. Retailers are ALWAYS offering last minute deals, so make sure you are GETTING the best deal in town!

5. Remember the reason for the season! Step back and remember WHY we celebrate this holiday and that should help you slow down a bit. We get a little "crazy" during this time with the baking, the shopping, the gift wrapping, etc. - and we have a tendency to overlook the REAL reason we celebrate this holiday!

Last, but, not least - ENJOY! The holidays only come once a year - don't let them pass you by in a crazed and delirious blur!! (I should really take my own advice!)

Happy Holidays, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment