Monday, August 10, 2009

My Bio





























Hi, I'm Stylish Stepmom!

My two favorite things to do, well, three, depending on how you count them is being a stepmom to an adorable, heart melting, little boy...fashion and...shopping! Wait, I guess I can't count, because I, also, really enjoy being a wife to my handsome hubby! But, you get where I'm going, right?
As I start a new phase in my life, I took some time to reflect on where I am RIGHT NOW and what I love the most....being a stepmom and keeping up on the latest fashion crazes, as well as being a total shopaholic! So, I combined my favorite things and created "Stylish Stepmom"!
Ever since I was a little girl, I have been obsessed with fashion (which also includes SHOPPING)! I grew up in a small town in rural Minnesota, but because our town was so small, we had to shop in "bigger" towns...like Minneapolis/St. Paul, which was a REALLY BIG "town" to me at the time. I LOVED shopping in "the cities"! I always wanted the "latest and greatest", knowing that I would probably stick out like a "sore thumb" in my hometown, but, I WANTED IT. Kids at school used to "name" my outfits, because they always stood out amongst the sweatshirts, tshirts, and jeans, that were clothing staples where I grew up. From there, I even managed to find a way where you could get a college degree from having a love for fashion by graduating with a B.S. in Fashion Merchandising and Business. How awesome is that!!!
I have spent my life in and out of the fashion/retail world that ranges from retail store level to the retail corporate buying level and everything in between. It has taken me to different cities and states throughout the U.S. I have past (as well as present) experience as a model, which brings me into the fashion world on a whole different level. I spent a few years, which included MANY hours throughout the days AND nights as a fashion/accessory model for ShopNBC, as well as various print, "live", and commercial work. Throughout my life, no matter where I was living and what I was doing it was tied to the fashion/retail world.
My goal is to become your online "personal" fashion consultant. I want to help you take the "guess work" out of what to wear, how to wear it, new trends, sales, and savings. I hope you can take 5 minutes out of your day to read my blogs, learn something new, and, possibly, even have a laugh or two along the way.
Stylish Stepmom wants you staying stylish...one STEP at a time!














No comments:

Post a Comment